Monday, March 22, 2010

My 1st Attempt with HDR Photography






This was my first attempt trying to make HDR photos. (High Dynamic Range) I had some success with these photos especially the bridge. It's subtle but it gives the photo a little bit of an unnatural feeling, which is apparent in the bridge. I am straying away from just regular night photography a little bit, but I find this area of photography really interesting and will continue to try HDR as an after thought after I take regular night photos.

3 comments:

  1. The top one is the definitely the strongest image, HDR or not. I know you are concentrating on night shots, but HDR can look fantastic in the daylight as well and it will really bring out a lot of colors. I think the hardest part about HDR photos from what I've seen, is finding something that will actually look good in HDR. Older, grittier things look best in HDR in my opinion, which would include lots of shadows by the nature of the image. http://www.pbase.com/rsub8/compendium_hdr has some nice ones, but not all are good. The clouds look real kick ass though, which is something you won't catch at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with JJ that this is the strongest of the HDR bunch. The effect looks great, but the color of the bridge and the light all help to make it effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which ones did you choose for the show tomorrow? It would be great to see the top HDR image!

    ReplyDelete